Last Updated: 14/07/2022 Before Entering the country
1. You must provide a negative COVID-19 (RT-PCR) test result taken in the 96 hours prior to your arrival, complete the Ministry of Health's online surveillance form in the 24 hours before arrival and also take a rapid test on arrival.
Link to Ministry of Health's online surveillance form -> https://afyamsafiri.moh.go.tz/
2. For fully vaccinated travelers will be exempted from both RT PCR and Rapid Antigen Test requirements. Travelers will be required to present a valid vaccination certificate with QR code for verification upon arrival.
3. Anyone not fully vaccinated, unvaccinated and those not eligible for vaccination will be required to present a negative COVID-19 RT- PCR or NAATs certificate with QR code obtained within 72 hours prior to departure.
4. Children aged 5 years and below, Travelers in transit, Aircraft crew are exempted from both RT PCR and Rapid Antigen Tests requirements.
Link to Tanzania Ministry of Health Travel Advisory -> https://www.moh.go.tz/storage/app/uploads/public/626/a65/488/626a654882c76195420334.pdf Quarantine Requirements
1. For on arrival that are required to undertake a mandatory Rapid Antigen Test, the cost is $10 USD (TZS 23,000), and may also be required to take another COVID19 test 5 days prior to departing Tanzania.
2. If anyone are found positive they will be tested with RT- PCR for confirmation, allowed to self-isolate and the results will be sent via email. Other Information
1. The following list of countries that will be tested for COVID 19 upon arrival using a Rapid Antigen Test at their own cost of 10 USD (TZS 23,000). Link to list of countries -> https://www.moh.go.tz/storage/app/uploads/public/624/da5/e95/624da5e959be0114197354.pdf
View the complete COVID-19 Guidelines
Tanzania Visa Requirements
1. A valid original passport with a validity of at least 6 months with 2 blank visa pages 2. A completed evisa application form with signature 3. A digital copy of one recent passport sized colour photo 4. A clear digital copy of the passport bio page 5. A clear digital copy of return air ticket
Note when completing the application form, please clearly complete the form using blue or black pen.
Please ensure your original passport has a validity of at least 6 months with a minimum of 2 blank visa pages. This will avoid any complications at the airport check-in, customs and immigration checkpoints.
When applying please note that there is no urgent processing option for this visa. Please take into account of any public holiday closures when submitting your visa application.
STANDARD - 10 Business Days
Steps to apply for a Tanzania Visa
1. Review & Gather Requirements
2. Place a lodgement
3. Upload completed application form and all supporting documents.