Vina Visas has over 20 years' experience in the travel visa industry.
As an industry trusted travel visa company, we are 100% committed and take pride in assisting clients to obtain their travel visas.
Last Updated: 14/07/2022
IMPORTANT: Visa-waiver Program
1. Please note Japan's visa-waiver program is still suspended.
Before Entering to Japan:
1. Japan is resuming tourism in stages for tourists coming from countries listed as 'blue' (classified as low risk) which includes Australia. Tourist can apply for their tourist visa using their organised tour company as the sponsor. Link to the list of countries and color groups Blue, Yellow and Red -> https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/covid-19/border_category.html
2. For the color group Blue, you are not required to provide a proof of vaccination certificate, on-arrival test or quarantine isolation.
3. Anyone with a valid Japanese residence card and re-entry permit are allowed to enter.
4. Business and students are eligible to apply for a visa.
5. If you're travelling from Australia, you must present a negative COVID-19 (PCR or quantitative antigen) test result taken within 72 hours of departure for Japan. The 72 hours starts from the sampling time to departure time of the flight.
6. Countries arriving from Red and Yellow color groups may be required to undergo a COVID-19 test on arrival.
1. If you're required to quarantine, you can use public transport on arrival directly from the airport to your accommodation. You must refrain from using public transport for the remaining period of isolation.
2. You'll need to make a “Written Pledge” and may be asked to install a video call and location-based app onto your smart phones upon arrival. This will be used for contact tracing.
3. If you breach quarantine measures you might have your name, nationality and other information made public.
4. You're asked to monitor your health for 14 days before departure for Japan. You must arrange private travel insurance prior to entering Japan that covers medical expenses.
5. You're exempt from this requirement if you're eligible for Japanese national health insurance.
1. Fully vaccinated business travellers and students may also be able to enter Japan. Contact your nearest Japanese Embassy or Consulate for more information on how to obtain the appropriate visa.
2. Business travellers must have a sponsoring organisation in Japan.
3. You may still transit through Japan for some travellers who are not entering Japan and are transferring directly to a third country. For transit only, you are not required to submit any documents and undergo inspections.
4. You can only transit if your ongoing flight is leaving from the same airport as your arrival. You cannot transit between different airports. Please confirm any questions about transit directly with your airline.
View the complete COVID-19 Guidelines