Before Entering to Japan:
1. Japan is easing travel restrictions, but tourists remain unable to enter. You can enter if you have a valid Japanese residence card and re-entry permit.
2. If you're travelling from Australia, you must present a negative COVID-19 (PCR or quantitative antigen) test result taken within 72 hours of departure for Japan. The 72 hours starts from the sampling time to departure time of the flight.
3. You will be required to undergo a COVID-19 test on arrival. Quarantine Requirements
1. If you're required to quarantine, you can use public transport on arrival directly from the airport to your accommodation. You must refrain from using public transport for the remaining period of isolation.
2. You'll need to make a “Written Pledge” and may be asked to install a video call and location-based app onto your smart phones upon arrival. This will be used for contact tracing.
3. If you breach quarantine measures you might have your name, nationality and other information made public.
4. You're asked to monitor your health for 14 days before departure for Japan. You must arrange private travel insurance prior to entering Japan that covers medical expenses.
5. You're exempt from this requirement if you're eligible for Japanese national health insurance. Other Information
1. Fully vaccinated business travellers and students may also be able to enter Japan. Contact your nearest Japanese Embassy or Consulate for more information on how to obtain the appropriate visa.
2. Business travellers must have a sponsoring organisation in Japan.
3. You may still transit through Japan for some travellers who are not entering Japan and are transferring directly to a third country. For transit only, you are not required to submit any documents and undergo inspections.
4. You can only transit if your ongoing flight is leaving from the same airport as your arrival. You cannot transit between different airports. Please confirm any questions about transit directly with your airline.
View the complete COVID-19 Guidelines
Japan Tourist Visa Exemption
Suriname passport holders are visa exempted for up to 90 days provided the traveller:
hold a valid passport with a validity of at least 6 months with minimum 2 blank visa pages
have sufficient funds for the trip
have proof of onward/return flights
have all necessary documents for the purpose of entry
Need a visa to stay beyond the exempted period ?
The Embassy of Japan requires that the applicant submit their visa application directly if the applicant wishes to stay beyond the exempted period.