Australian passport holders are visa exempt for up to provided the traveller:
- hold a valid passport with a validity of at least 6 months with 2 blank visa pages
- have proof of sufficient funds for the trip
- have proof of onward/return flights
- have all necessary documents for the purpose of entry
Australian passport holders may apply for a 15 days tourist visa on arrival at the Passport and Visas Offices at International Airports of I.R. of Iran.
Airport visa is granted at Mehrabad, IKIA, Kish, Qeshm, Boushehr, Shiraz, Tabriz, Mashhad, Esfahan, Asalouyeh and Chahbahar airports.
You must submit one of the following proofs at the airport :
- Address and contact number of the place in which they want to stay in Iran
- Invitation letter
- Hotel booking confirmation for duration of their stay in Iran
You need to pay a visa fee at the airport.
Note: It is always recommended that traveller confirm with the airline that they can board without a visa. The final decision is subject to the Immigration Officer's discretion at point of entry.