Before Entering to Nepal- All travellers:
1. Must have certificates confirming an individual is fully vaccinated need to be presented to enable entry to indoor establishments/government buildings and to board domestic flights.
2. Entering Nepal who arrived from or who have recently visited countries in southern Africa (South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique, and Malawi) and Hong Kong will be subject to quarantine.
3. Over the age of five must present a negative COVID-19 PCR test issued at most 72 hours prior to boarding and proof of hotel booking for a quarantine enlisted hotel for 10 days to self-quarantine.
4. All fully vaccinated foreigners arriving in Nepal via the immigration office at the airport or a land border (except from the above listed nine countries) can receive on-arrival visas. No quarantine is required. Fully-vaccinated travelers traveling to Nepal must present the following documents:
- Evidence of completion of a 14 day post-COVID-19 vaccination incubation period
- COVID-19 negative (RT-PCR, Gene Expert, True NAAR or WHO accredited test) obtained within 72 hours of the departure from port of embarkment or within 72 hours, if entering Nepal by land
- Copy of mountaineering/trekking permits, or related permits, if available
- Proof of hotel reservation in Nepal
- Printed copy of International Traveler Online Arrival Form obtained after registration via this website https://ccmc.gov.np/:
5. Foreigners without complete vaccination against COVID-19 arriving by air (except from above listed nine countries) must obtain a visa from the Nepali diplomatic missions abroad and allowed to enter Nepal through agencies. On-arrival visas at land border entries are not available to unvaccinated travelers.
6. All non-vaccinated or semi-vaccinated travelers must comply with the Government of Nepal’s quarantine mandate are subject to 10 days hotel quarantine at their own cost. A PCR test must be completed and returned negative on 11th day before travelling within the country will be permitted.
1. All non-vaccinated or semi-vaccinated travelers must comply with the Government of Nepal’s quarantine mandate are subject to 10 days hotel quarantine at their own cost. A PCR test must be completed and returned negative on 11th day before travelling within the country will be permitted.
1. Nepal’s land borders are open to foreign nationals. Follow the Australian Embassy Facebook and Twitter accounts for regular updates.
2. Foreigners are allowed to transit Nepal from the Tribhuvan International Airport. Those foreigners residing in Nepal and willing to travel third country from Nepal or all foreigners departing from Nepal should submit COVID-19 negative report (RT-PCR, Gene Expert, True NAAR or WHO accredited test) obtained within 48 hours prior to their departure or COVID-19 test as specified by their destination country. Printed copy of International Traveler Online Arrival Form obtained after registration via ccmc.gov.np
View the complete COVID-19 Guidelines
Nepal Visa Requirements
1. A valid original passport with a validity of at least 6 months with 2 blank visa pages 2. A completed visa application form with signature 3. One recent passport size colour photo 4. A detailed flight itinerary showing applicant's full name
Visa Application Form
Please note when completing the visa application form, an incomplete or incorrect completion of the visa application form can cause delays, in certain cases you may be required to complete a new visa application form.
Please ensure your original passport has a validity of at least 6 months with a minimum of 2 blank visa pages. This will avoid any complications at the airport check-in, customs and immigration checkpoints.
You need to provide a recent passport size colour photo taken within the last 6 months. The photo size must be
35mm(Width) x 45mm(Height)
You are required to provide a copy of your flight itinerary showing your full name, with details of your entry and exit dates.
When to Apply
It is recommended to apply for your Nepal visa within 6 months of your date of arrival into Nepal.
Visa Validity and Duration
Nepal visas are valid for 6 months from date of issue and you are allowed a maximum stay of up to 90 days. Nepal visas are issued as 15, 30 and 90 days with multiple entries.
When applying please note that there is no urgent processing option for this visa. Please take into account of any public holiday closures when submitting your visa application.
STANDARD - 4 Business Days
Steps to apply for a Nepal Visa
1. Review & Gather Requirements
2. Place a lodgement
3. Send your completed signed application form and all necessary supporting documents to our office.